Go to main content of the website
0 0
Book a roomBook a table

Your cart is empty

History of the Auberge des Gorges du Loup


On June 18th, 1912, Mr. Adolphe LEGROS acquires the land belonging to Mrs. Matilde STABLE. During the period from the year 1912 and 1919, he built a villa that will later become the Auberge des Gorges du LoupOn November 9th, 1919, he sold the land and the villa to Mr. Auguste Cheret who transforms it into a Hotel-Restaurant and gives it the name of "Pavillon des Touristes" and entrusts the management to Mr. Charles GERBER.

On June 19th, 1944, Mr. and Mrs. Escalier acquire the Inn and keep the management in place. But over time, they realize the mismanagement and decide accordingly to separate from the manager. After many years of procedure, they manage to recover the goodwill and finally decide to exploit it themselves. It was at this time that the Auberge changed its name to "L'Auberge du Gorges du Loup". After many years of work, the Escalier husband decided in November 1976 to retire. From 1976 to 1983, the Inn will become their residence until the death of Mr. ESCALIER.

Mrs. Escalier finally decided in June 1988 to sell the Auberge to Mr. and Mrs. René Lombardi, the couple will exploit it for 3 years.

And on June 1st, 1991, after a long stay of 25 years in French Polynesia, Mr. and Mrs. Jean-Pierre Blavette acquired the Auberge des Gorges du Loup, which they still use today. Mr. BLAVETTE is a native from the village of Bar sur Loup located 3km from the Pont du Loup.Their son François BLAVETTE join them in December 2005, To be continued...